Solo and Ensemble Contest
Good evening MCHS Choir parents,
As you know our 2nd annual Solo and Ensemble contest will be next weekend, Sat. March 3rd, here at MCHS Central Campus. The vocal part of the contest will run from 9am to about 3pm and will be taking place in the Bistro and the Choir Room. Band events will be starting around 8:30am and we are excited to hear the students play and sing all day on their music that they have been preparing for weeks.
1) I have attached (below) the contest room sites our HS choral students will be performing in (Choir Room, Bistro) so you are aware of their time and room. Students in the contest have been registered for their events. 3rd and 4th year choir students are required to sing a solo at contest this year and since this is an assessment activity, will be graded on their performance. They will be evaluated using the IHSA adjudication forms and we will be going over this form next week in class so students are aware of what they are being evaluated on by their judge at the contest.
2) Since this is an assessment activity, students who are not performing solos that day, will be required to observe singing contest events for one hour as part of their assessment. They will also work at the contest for one hour monitoring contest room doors. Students have been assigned times and their room monitor worker schedule is attached here below. They can come observe one of the HS contest sites for vocalists at any time, but are encourage to do so around the time they are being door monitors. If they can't stay to do this, there will be a make-up observation time later this Spring at the Honors Recital.
3) Students should remember to bring their music with them to practice the next few days with their accompanist for the contest over the next week as the accompanists have begun practicing in class with the students.
4) Some of the students performing in ensembles can split their $10 fee to pay for their events. If they did not pay for their event, their student account will be deducted accordingly per the event.
5) Students should be signing up for practices with Mr. Benware and Mrs. Frost and Mrs. Withers during their choir hour or after school to prepare them for that day. Mrs. Withers is $30 to accompany the students and Mrs. Frost charges $40 (an extra day rehearsing with students). Mr. Benware does not care about the amount to accompany so make me an offer!
6) Please have students come to contest with music numbered, come early to their event, and dress nicely (no jeans or tennies!), Varsity Madrigals will also be singing that day and will sing in their Vocal Jazz outifits. Door monitors should wear nice school clothes or their black choir polos and jeans.
7) Best of the day awards will be also be handed out for each room .
8) Concessions will not be available during the day so students should be sure to eat something before the come over to the school that day.
It should be a great day! Let me know if you have any questions!
Director of MCHS Choirs
This message originates from Minooka Community High School District #111. It contains information that is confidential or privileged and is intended only for the individual or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. All personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be attributed to MCHS District #111, and may not be copied or distributed without this disclaimer. If you received this message by mistake, please notify us immediately at 815-521-4017